Send me to school…not to work …
- The term Child Labor is used for employment of children below a certain age, which is considered illegal by law and custom. The stipulated age varies from country to country and government to government
- Child labor is a world phenomenon which is considered exploitative and inhuman by many international organizations
- According to the statistics given by International Labor Organization there are about 218 million children between the age of 5 and 17 working all over the world. The figure excludes domestic labor
- Around the world Hundreds and thousands of children are toiling as bonded labor (particularly in developing and under developing countries) in several labor intensive and unregulated industries. Many Governments have failed to bring total change in this aspect
We all together should condemn child labor and discourage where ever it is possible from our end, as individuals and as a group Lets join our hands together for better world and better India and believe we can make a difference.
Child’s EDUCATION is one concrete step, which is going to make a big difference.
As a part of our CSR activities, Child’s education, particularly girl child’s education, is a top priority sector for us at VIVAN.
We have collaborated with some like minded Institutions and doing our bit.
VIVAN’s effort in this direction
- Our policies strictly ensure, not to utilize or encourage any service that used children as laborers
- VIVAN’s emphasize that, the CSR has a clear cut plan for the children’s education from less privileged sections of the society
- Through our CSR program of SHRUTI (Simple Human Responsibility Under Thoughtful Institution), we collaborated with well known NGOs, and contributing to the girl child’s education
- VIVAN supports the education of one girl child to each Associate (Employee) it has on the roles
- We ensure to do the same, till the sponsored child attains self reliance in life, this is a small effort from our end, to make the society where we live as a better place, for which VIVAN is committed to make a difference